|dc.description.abstract||Dr. Kimani holds a Dr.rer.nat. in Organic Chemistry from University of Muenster (Germany). He is an alumnus of Egerton University and Maseno University. Dr. Kimani is an expert in medicinal Chemistry of natural products, isolation, structure elucidation, computer aided medicinal chemistry (molecular modelling and QSAR studies), and pharmaceutical nanotechnology of natural products.
• Isolation and structure elucidation of bioactive natural products from plants and microorganisms
• Structure-activity relationships of bioactive natural products
• Analytical methods development and standardization of herbal drug material.
• Herbal drugs repurposing-new pharmacological activities of traditional herbs.
• Development of natural products nanoformulations for pharmaceutical applications||en_US